Monday, July 11, 2011

A Big 5 Day.

A little late today…out the gate at 6.10am. I was hoping to find the jackals.

A few ks down the road there was a line of traffic. What could we expect? As we stopped I could see the Leopard only 50 metres from the edge of the road. He then walked off and into the bush.

IMG_0298IMG_0305

Further on near the spot where the lion was causing mayhem yesterday we found two Jackals.

IMG_0323IMG_0329

Remember the eagle harassing the guinea fowl yesterday? Here it is a day later sitting under the same bush as the guinea fowl.

IMG_0339

More Big Birds harassing one another.

IMG_0342IMG_0343IMG_0344

Rhino

IMG_0350

Find the baby ears…nr centre of pic

IMG_0356

Big Daddy

IMG_0361

Full Bellies

IMG_0370IMG_0382

On the road to Skukuza.

IMG_0392

We had passed the Kruger Tablets and were discussing the possibility of seeing the wild dogs that frequent the area. We considered turning down the dirt road but decided not too. We were then overtaken by a vehicle towing a caravan (on a blind curve…and a vehicle did appear at the crest of the hill). The caravan sped down the hill and was still in sight when the young fellow below stepped onto the side of the road and walked towards us. In their haste they missed a super sighting.

IMG_0414IMG_0426IMG_0427IMG_0432

I managed to run out of space on my camera card,and I am sure when I play the film we took it will be me grumbling because I couldn’t quickly get the new card in my camera.

A three Leopard day was a first for us, and was also our first day of this trip to spot the big 5.

 

LP

No comments:

Post a Comment